Social Worker Specialist

Job Description

The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) currently has a Social Worker Specialist position in the Prevention & Protection Services Division. The position is located in the El Dorado office. As a Social Worker Specialist you will assess reports of suspected abuse and or neglect to protect children and strengthen family systems. Short term interventions are provided as needed. If children are placed out of home, professional social work services are provided to the child and family through coordination with contractors to reach permanency. The social worker will monitor services provided by the contractor per DCF regulations and directives. Kansas Social Work License at the time of hire and a valid driver's license. However, if you have a Bachelor's Degree in SOCIAL WORK and do not have a Kansas Social Work license yet, you may qualify for a Special Investigator and are encouraged to apply. No other degrees qualify. The Kansas Behavioral Regulatory Sciences Board does require a degree in Social Work for taking the Social Work license examination and can be contacted at: (785) 296-3240 if any licensing questions arise. If hired, it will be as a Special Investigator. It is expected a Kansas Social Work license be obtained within six months of the hire date. The salary rate for a Special Investigator is $15.75/hour.

Company: Butler Workforce Center
Category: Social Services
Education: Bachelors Degree
FT/PT: Full-Time
Butler Workforce Center
2318 W Central
El Dorado, Kansas 67042
Job Link: More Information