Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Colorectal cancer, or colon cancer, is preventable with regular screening.
FACTS ABOUT COLON CANCER:
- 150,000 Americans are diagnosed with colon cancer and an estimated 50,000 die each year.
- Men and Women should be screened regularly starting at the age of 50.
- If at any age you experience symptoms, it is important to get screened.
- Regular screening tests can detect pre-cancerous polyps. Removal of polyps can prevent cancer.
- When detected and treated early, the five-year survival rate is over 90%.
- Colonoscopy is one of the most effective screening methods for early detection.
SYMPTOMS OF COLON CANCER:
- The most common symptom is having NO symptoms at all, which is why regular screening is critical.
- Change in bowel habits such as diarrhea, constipation, or narrowing of the stool that last for more than a few days.
- Rectal bleeding or blood in the stool.
- Cramping, stomach pain, gas pains, and/or vomiting.
- Feeling bloated or full in the stomach.
- Decreased appetite.
- Unexplained weight loss.
Are you ready for flu season?
Call now to schedule your flu & pnemonia shots!
To schedule an appointment call (316)-321-2010
Same Day Appointments
Choosing the family practice doctors of El Dorado Clinic, P.A. offers many great benefits. Same day appointments, in-office labs and radiology, spacious waiting room that is child friendly and more. Call today to set up an appointment.
Caring for your family's health.
El Dorado Clinic, P.A. is a family practice physician's office located on the campus of Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital. Family practice is the medical specialty which provides continuing, comprehensive health care to individuals and families from infancy through old age, including obstetrics. Let our doctors and physician assistant bring you quality care combined with hometown trust.
- Obstetric care
- Newborn care
- School Physicals
- Sports Physicals
- EKG & Treadmills
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Wound repair
- Arthrocentesis; joint
- Lesion removals
- Wart removal
- Skin tag removal
- Fracture care
- Ancillary Service
- Holter monitor